In uncertain times, we all need a degree of certainty and structure.
Our phones provide a way to communicate with family and friends but also allow us to maintain some sanity, structure and entertainment.
This is a list (that we’ll continue adding to) of apps that can help you with life in lockdown. Enjoy… and please let me know of other apps you come across that have helped you, that we can share here.
- Calm app (iOS; Android; Web) – paid subscription
- Oak meditation app (iOS; Android) – free
- Insight timer app (iOS; Android; Web) – free with paid courses
- For the family, Jackbox on Steam provides hours of hilarious entertainment. This is played on a computer, with everyone connected to the game via their smartphones or tablets. (Warning – there is some mature content on these games so it’s more appropriate for teens upwards)
- Heads Up! A great family game (iOS; Android) – some free packs, and some you need to pay for (Charades is a tech-free game similar to this which is also tons of fun – some topic ideas…)
- House Party, a face to face social network, that allows you to play games together on the app. It’s fairly new, but so far looks entertaining. (iOS; Android) – free